TOTAL NUMBER OF SPECIES RECORDED IN BRITAIN AND IRELAND COMBINED IN 2015

As of 10 November 2015, a total of 430 species have been recorded this year

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 14 December 2011

More info on GREATER YELLOWLEGS at Loch Fleet - Dave Tanner













You've probably seen Al McNee's email re the Greater Yellowlegs found today by Dean MacAskill. I got the call from Bob Swann at at 12:15 hrs, unfortunately, Mary and I were on our way back from Liverpool and were just at Pitlochry. So we thought we'd get there about 15:00 hrs. Dean had sent me the OS Ref so we went directly to the spot. I first checked the next field which held a Greenshank, not knowing if the bird had moved from it's original location. I shouldn't have worried. As I pulled up at 15:05 beside the next field there it was about 50 ft away. By now the light was starting to go. I quickly took a few record digi shots and then enjoyed the bird with Bob & Liz Wilson who had just arrived. The bird was very confiding approaching us to within 20 ft, just the other side of the fence.

For those that are not familiar with the area the exact location of the pool is NH 79995-94680. The pool has a pile of logs on the road side. The is a very convenient passing place directly adjacent to the pool (Dave tanner)

No comments:

Post a Comment